Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New soul


We welcomed a new soul into the family today, My brother's
daughter, we decided on when to bring her into the cold
November world, as it was a C-section.

We all were ready to welcome the baby, as planned,
But the baby being a Girl Child was a SURPRISE,
To me a really sweet one, To me
SHE is the BEST BABY in the WHOLE Universe.
But When I called some of my aunts, uncles and
extended family to inform about the wonderful news, their reactions
taught me 2 major things about them.

1. How narrow minded they are.
2. How they are stuck in "once upon a time" .

My crazy family I love them all nevertheless... But today somehow I was feeling very judgmental
and despised some of their comments specially the ones like
"it's OK lets hope the next time It is a boy",
"Oh my god we got to ask Gopi to go the temples to pray for a boy the next time" .
I was thinking what is this ?? BUT aren't we 2009 now and
aren't we living the times where they say equality and all that spiel ??

Such a Bitter sweet day today, Sweet as I enjoyed spending the day with my little niece
who sneezed on my right cheek and Pee'ed on my right palm, burped on my shoulder
after I fed her with FIVE spoons of milk... Whoa WHAT an awesome AWESOME DAY.
Bitter as I learnt How my family is still stuck somewhere in 1870's and
have to catch with current times.

I only hope that I will have enough courage to speak up and
shut them the next time we welcome another Daughter.


5 comments:

JVaughan said...

So if everyone in India had boys... um, 2 things. First India would only have 1 generation left. Second all the boys in India would end up Gay(er). Congrats to the family on another crazy grrrrl.

Sneha said...

When things like this come up, I wonder if my mom and family felt disappointed because I was a girl. I know my mom wanted 3 girls, but even then, did she feel she let "someone" down?

Anyway...Happy for your happiness. Love to the baby, patience and endurance to the parents! :-D Hurrah! It's a girl!

D!! said...

Congratulations!!...im so glad its a girl!..i love little baby girls!..im sure everyone in the family will realise what a treasure n gift it is to have a girl child soon!!

:)

Aristurtle, Pepsi and Me. said...

@ Sneha: My Mom actually tells me that she was super disappointed when I was born along with rest of my family, and You can see the madness in my name and how my mom dressed me until I was 4 years, Like a BOY and she would even tell people that I was a boy, I am only glad I didn't grow thinking that. But yeah She is glad that I can do anything I choose to do as good as any guy out there... But it only took me 27 years to convince her of that... SIGH... I just hope My family changes for good.

@D: I so Love baby girls too... so tender and smile so sweet...

Thank you guys for the Support :D

Tavison said...

We all love you were born a girl and what nonsense! Without women, men would never accomplish anything! Anything we accomplish is followed by one single thought. "Do you think she noticed?"