Friday, September 3, 2010

Dwelling heights.

Fear is complete lack of trust... Or it is great trust in the power of manifestation of all the pessimistic thoughts, that ever crossed your mind.

I am afraid of heights. I fell off a second storied building (Nothing happened to me then, not even a scratch.) BUT I was scarred mentally, I guess. This evening when I had to rock climb, to lug myself up a straight wall and then let go of the belay to drop to ground... it was living my nightmare while awake.

Surprising bit is when I started to enjoy my nightmare. I enjoyed the climb even though I couldn't get right to the top most times; and to repel off the very first time was mind numbing. 

My fingers, arms, shoulders, thighs and ankles hurt like mad. It was torturous to eat Chinese noodles with chopsticks... however I know I am looking forward to my next climb.

No comments: