Friday, April 22, 2011

The power of My Presence.

I was thinking a lot about the effect I have had or will have on others. And when I took a few moments to contemplate how our individual modes of being affect the people we spend time with on daily basis, I came a step closer to seeing myself through the eyes of others.

Asked myself many a times whether the stranger I encountered briefly on the train or the person with whom I had a year long friendship with, walked away feeling appreciated respected and liked... The answer that occurred to me was... He or She must think of me the way I think of them now and that heightened the awareness of the effect I ultimately have on others.

A word of advice that was given to me I always freely pass it on as matter of "Pay it forward". If it changed me for good I am positive it would others, even if it is not reflected on the immediate person I pass on the advice to... BUT with Something as simple as a smile; it  can, even if temporarily brighten a person's entire world. I remember that each time I see a stranger walking past me.

I remember also that my small gestures of kindness can prove to those embittered by the world that goodness still exists and simply by being myself I can influence their lives in subtle and life altering ways.


I want have an effect on him or her, on a lot of people. On Everyone I met, meet, will meet. 





1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Well, I don't know about everyone you meet/met but you have been a positive change to me in my life. You're fun. You're intelligent and you're someone from whom we can learn a lot. I learnt quite a bit from you. Like every other telugu engineer, I used to think 'Let's work hard now, we'll have a great future'. You changed me completely to 'let's have fun now, we'll have more fun in future'. You're a kid sometimes, and yes, we can learn a lot from kids too. Few can't, and it's their problem. I remember the times we spent doing crazy stuff on bikes, restaurants, cinema halls, coffee shops. I'll never forget the time we all spent. Thanks to you, and your crazy thoughts; I'm more me now. love you! ( I still miss coming to your place and picking you up (almost everyday? ) :P )