Thursday, October 23, 2008

Momentary Joys...

The vehicle I'm travelling in stop at a traffic signal
In an instant blossom all the street flowers...
With their hands stretched out, eyes shone, hearts open and smiles bearing mystery

A lotus approaches me, tugs at my sleeve, looks me in the eye;
outstretched hand asking for a fee...
I dig in to pull out a coin,
uninterested really in what coin it may be.
our locked gaze make time flee,
Everything around is a blue white haze.

Traffic signal turns red to green,
Life falls back on to the earth,
time gushing in to push aside the wild roses aside,
Loud sirens and honks burning out the silent secrets shared.

The vehicle I am travelling in stop again at the signal,
Lotus, my friend dazzle again, outstretched hand a mechanical gesture,
I know, she knows, coin is an excuse.
Eyes remain fused,
Traffic signal turns from Red to Green
And the FLOWER smiles, turning my world PINK ...

1 comment:

Kaliblane said...

Its nice some of us stop to look into the eyes of unknown fellow people, without a motive or a thought ... Sometimes the result is a beautiful poem. :)