Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

I have about 18 Draft posts pending to be published between the 3 blogs that I manage. Some of them are such personal crib-scribbles that I typed out because I coudn't tell them to anyone else, where as some are pending because I don't have photographs... and SO ON are the endless excuses I have found to not publish those Draft posts.

I have welcomed NYE lieing down still on the bed, because of the lunar eclipse that occured on 31st night, for about one hour forty minutes while my mom sat herself on a chair beside me telling me the significance of this month "Dhanurmasam" (It is an extremely auspicious month for Brahmans) Which led to other interesting stories from Ramayanam Mahabharatam and Bhagavatam. Keeping us awake till 2 am. Some of these stories are my favorite specially coz of how my mom garnishes them with different elements at different times that she narrates them to me. For the N'th time I enjoyed the way my mom gave more and more details that were censored to me as a child.

This time her stories had an air of philosophical intensity.

01 01 10

I Spent the first day of 2010 with my Mom just cutting veggies for her while she cooked and spoke about her concerns (which are countable on a single hand), ate with her, napped with her went to 2 temples with her, while she told me her childhood temple stories. I suddenly felt the urge to get to know my Mom, and I regreted every occassion I have made excuses to not go out with her or meet her in the last 2 years. MY crazy girl she is.

She told me that she had really simple resolutions for this year.
  1. BE HAPPY
  2. Just Take IT all Easy
  3. Make NO efforts to meet people half way who hurt her over and again inspite of all the efforts she made in the past.
(And these are mine)
  1. Complete all my scripts
  2. Hybernate
  3. Adopt mom's resolutions
Sounds complicated even as I write the list down. I know that I'll expose myself over and again to the people who hurt me as I have always did, and will find excuses to Not take things easy... My complicated head just doesn't understand the pleasures of a shavaasana. Why all the drama, I'll just be HAPPY and I know the rest will all take care of itself. If Not I have MOM (:P)

SO here is wishing you all a GREAT New YEAR, You were wished Happiness Love Peace and all the Blah Blah... I would like to wish you NOTHING. As only an empty vessel makes enough noise to attract NEW things to it.




No comments: