Monday, March 30, 2009

I LOVE TO DANCE !!!

I have restarted my Salsa classes...

I love to dance because it requires a calm mind and an absolute composed body. To move my body in front of many others needs me to quit so many inhibitions I had acquired as each year went by; and to now finally dance means to go back in time when what anyone thought didn't matter, and if they laughed at how I danced I could have laughed at it too...

Dance makes me stretch my body like elastic; and it calms my mind, I like being there. It makes me feel like a bird in flight, with my wings moving rhythmically going in the direction of sunset.

When I Dance I feel like I am dusting cobwebs accumulated in my head... and after that CLEANING, I resurface fresh as though I helped my brain to take a NAP, It feels like I have I have aligned everything in me to move in a particular way, totally in sync and perpendicular to OUTSIDE...

A new confidence in me... a new spring in my step... My new LOVE !!!

I dance and my body and mind become totally in accord with each to be part of everything around causing me to bond and then to strengthen that BOND.
I love to DANCE, as It makes me feel like a sexy peacock luring its potential mate, and it also makes me feel like a wet dog shaking water off its back.

I really ENJOY using the ONLY tool I have... MY BODY; and to teach it a language to express itself.

I learned KUCHIPUDI as a child, for a long time and All I remember of that is how my dance teacher would beat us so hard on our knees with a thick stick, so until very recently I associated learning to dance to fear and pain whereas now its quite the contrary as I have been super happy doing that every week-end, I have a partner who learns his steps really fast and then our pace matches so well, apart from that I am finally having the time to get to know a friend whom I have known (!!!) forever now. I enjoy our INTENSE conversations after the intense dancing. we are a crazy group of 4 with age group ranging from 22 24 27 and 30.

I JUST ENJOY DANCING... I love it...

It makes me identify with Ripples caused by a drop of a pebble in a pond, with my mom's beautifully patterned Sari pallu flying to the tunes of wind, with the bounce of my little nieces hair when let loose wild when she is jumping around, with the smile which dances casting lights in the eyes of a strange mad man when he sees me in the middle of the night, with well fed Lion cub's in the wild playing with their siblings, with possessive elephants at the time of a female elephant in labour, with my heartbeat thats quickened when I know the pleasure I'll receive from my lover... and Finally with myself.

Dance makes me understand myself... I recognise grace and awkwardness of my body; my strengths and my flaws... my demure and my confidence... all the contradictions that exists in me that manifest in my body are churned up and are made to surface by DANCE.

2 comments:

Nikhil said...

I Love DANCING too!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks... :)

coming to my dancing, i'm a quick learner??.. you are kidding me.. remember all those jokes on my dancing style..?? :P They prove how quickly i learn steps.. :P

Well, about INTENSE and over-the-top conversations.. True.. they really are.. LOve them!

Can't wait for Saturdays to come..!!

D!! said...

Lovely post!!...its so great that u r enjoying it so much!!...we all need something to make us feel alive!!