Tuesday, March 31, 2009

There it was...

A golden deer with green eyes,

I wanted to own it,

From where I stood it was perfection,

Deaf ear to a friend’s warnings

I began to run to capture the beauty…

The Chase was Incredible,

Deer looked like it wanted to be hunted down…

Enthusiasm on top gear

Sling tightened; arrows sharpened

Raised my bow with the arrow aimed…

Not knowing my arrow was a boomerang

I let go…

I have hurt the Deer, the Bowyer and the Fletcher

We all formed a throbbing circle,

Vicious and poisonous like a snake eating its own tail…

Spitting poison on itself; Hungry for more…

I was still standing there…

Poison slowing down my reflexes…

Not wanting to kill the Deer

Wanting to undo the pain

Wasn’t the deer hurt by the arrow?

Then how come my heart is bleeding?

I still see that Golden Deer standing there…

Mesmerizing me with its magic…

All I still see is Perfection…

What kind of a mirage is this?

The thirst feels real,

So does the quenched thirst.

Only; to be thirsty for more… and some more…

Deer’s face glowing

Reflecting the golden lights

Me dumbfound staring

In to the mirage that’s holding up like a mirror


Showing me images of what I can’t have,

What I should not desire

My most favorite moments

Haunting me down…

I thought I aimed the arrow at the deer

But the sharp end was turned to me.

No comments: