Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cine Talk...

I watched Shri 420, a retro Raj kapoor film made in 1975 yesterday... in a theater that is not in a MULTIPLEX...

The experience was brilliant with the audience singing along loudly with full enthu for a second show film... ( maybe its a strategy that they came up with to not fall asleep)

Raj kapoor was getting to me with his COPY CAT STYLE... it was like watching a 3rd rate street imitation of Charlie Chaplin.

I think Indian movie-makers just aim the actual audience and never consider future audience. A movie made in 1975 when watched in the 2009, it should still be able to offer something to the audience.

Where as with some of Indian films (specially Hindi ones... as most Telugu movies made before 80's had either mythological or family stories.) half the time I was irritated with the fake 3rd rate charlie.

It makes me wonder what the film-makers thought of the audience. Hollywood offered in Indi style... Tsk tsk...

and yet such brilliant lyrics... "dil ka haal sune dil wala" wah wah...

Not that copying doesn't happen now and not that southies don't... it happens every where and It is a big shame... specially coz we have soo many stories to tell from our own back yard.

and continuing on...

Did you ever think of voyeurism ??? I think everyone is a Voyeur at some level to a certain degree. Curiosity taken to an other level.

I irritate myself by Say things that I don't mean and not saying things I mean out of fear of "I don't know"
The former happens because it will get you some advantage? WHAT ADVANTAGE "I don't know" and the Latter because of some disadvantage... AGAIN, some unknown name less fear gripping us...

Lately with my severe introspection, I am discovering traits that I am ashamed of and irritated with in others.

Today I have been doing that a lot, with H. I don't feel the way he wants me to feel, but I just say these things, and then I cringe... I cringe inside deeply because I am being fake..and false, and not true to my honest feelings...

I don't like to be Rude with people and HATE Hurting people's feelings in any which way, but it feels strange to desire to Please... Its a horrible HORRIBLE FEELING.

Yet I am afraid of throwing that mask away. Afraid what I may expose to the world.

2 comments:

Tavison said...

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.

These are our killers. These are the nails in our coffin or the sticks of our funeral pyre. Dear god, protect me from my thoughts. The truth I can handle myself.

We lie to provide a short term comfort and leave a long term time bomb. We lie so we don't have to be there when it goes off. But very often the delay causes more harm and pain. Both for others, but also for ourselves.

Bravery is doing what is right when it is not easy to do what is right. We don't honor those who spared our feelings.

The sad truth is we destroy our friends by trying to be nice to them. It's better to respect them by knowing they are strong enough for the truth, and smart enough to see through the deception. To believe we know what is right for them, or we are fooling them is to diminish our respect for them.

డా.ఆచార్య ఫణీంద్ర said...

HI .....!
TODAY I COULD SEE YOUR BLOG. IT'S FINE. KEEP GOING...
PLEASE NOTE A CORRECTION IN YOUR POST. THE FILM WAS NOT MADE IN 1975. IT BELONGS TO THE DECADE OF "FIFTIES" (THE BLACK&WHITE ERA).
ALSO ONE MORE ...
MILLIONS OF INDIANS GET HURT BY READING YOUR COMMENT ON " THE BIGGEST SHOWMAN IN ASIA ".
TRY TO KNOW ABOUT THE LEGEND FILM PERSONALITY, WHOSE NAME BECAME A SYNONYM FOR "INDIA", IN A COUNTRY LIKE "RUSSIA".
.... FURTHER ...
YOU DISCUSS LOT OF PHILOSOPHY IN YOUR POSTS. I LIKE IT.