Sunday, November 8, 2009

The ambivalence

It is my new favorite word.

I watched a film this morning on borderline personality disorder and I was thinking which one of us in this world is sane ? I see all the disorders in all people. When I said the same to a friend She said, anything that begins to cause trouble is INSANITY, and anything within the limits is SANITY. So how do we know what the limits are and our threshold to tolerate those who are still within limits?

So going back to Ambivalence, I read a brilliant post titled "of all the faces i have" by a co-blogger and I just couldn't help contemplate on those lines myself. It is so true how we just succumb at different occasions, not being able to voice the most simple things out of concern, of not wanting to hurt the person, or some strange reason we have told ourselves.

I read up on Pomeranian, it is the breed of dog I have, and something that I spoke to A about this 3 years ago walking on Korean streets, came back to me "That small dogs are the ones that bark a lot and make so much noise, acting like if they were not on a leash they would go and rip the big dog into pieces, but when you notice a small dog that is not on a leash, it's tail is in between it's legs.

So connecting this to an other thread of my thought; I feel, (It is just a feeling and observations mind you .) That people who are a lot weaker are the ones who criticize, call names first, get personal. where as the ones that are self assured I notice don't have too say much, they don't need to put others down in order to prove their worth. Or push themselves.

Yeah Ambivalence is omnipotent, I don't really know if God is...

My Doggie has a HUGE NAPOLIAN COMPLEX I love her Still.


1 comment:

JVaughan said...

Ambivalence is an interesting word. There is a really memorable scene in the movie "Girl, Interupted", where Wynona Ryder is talking to her psychologist and say's that she feels so ambivalent. The psych then goes on to explain that ambivalence literally means the inability to choose between two things. You have the left, you have the right, and there you just sit, not doing either. Seems different than Napolean complexes to me. But believe me I know all about ambivalence